Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Shopping...addiction...withdrawals



Being post call today I had the half day off. Strictly speaking it should be a full day off but unfortunate limited resources forces the few to stay on until midday. Had a decent night however so I had the energy to go round town to buy belated and upcoming birthday presents. I realised it is not that of an easy task to find reasonably-priced goodies. After circling Kiulap I managed to go to Vincci and found a pair of fancy sandals and a pretty bag. The former for yours truly, and the latter for a future family member. Next task was to get a birthday card. Went to Euroclassics in Centrepoint and had a wide range to choose from. Maybe it's just me, maybe because I havent got a paycheck yet, I thought the card prices were outrageously expensive. Mind though, I can be easily fooled by numerical price values. Being so used to buying cheap and pretty 1 quid cards from Tesco and Marks & Spencer I spent quite a while choosing one. I finally resorted to buying a sketchy paper bag with a card attached to it, which was a bargain.


Enroute my shoppings I bumped into a boutique which sold genuine Gucci, Dior and Coach bags. Reasonably priced. I miss London. I miss the New York shopping trip that Jus and I went not so long ago. I hope to go to Singapore for the exams and perhaps get to squeeze a few hours of shopping afterwards......can't wait.

No comments: