Monday, September 03, 2007

Mandatory Singapore

Was in Singapore for the weekend. First visit in TEN years....so the element of sakai-ness was there, yes.Ha! My first proper holiday since my return to Brunei last year. What best to spend a few days other than shopping in Singapore. I'm still on my 2-week mandatory and it was spent initially nursing my injured left knee - courtesy of my week of nights. Had to endure daily physiotherapy - short wave therapy, with daily voltaren gel and tubigrip, to make sure my knees would heal for the shopping trip. Admittedly 1st day in Singapore wasnt much fun - limited by the knee. But then as Lehee said, 'Sudah shopping nda sakit kaki mu tu!'...and I hold that true! Aha!! So i returned for a review with the George-the-orthopod today and he says my knee is better! Alhamdulillah. All from the exercise I had?!

So this was my physio of short wave therapy, lasting 15 minutes per session:


And then Singapore!




Coincidentally, Jus was in Singapore taking the opportunity while her sister was working there. She was supposed to leave on Saturday, but hubs n I managed to persuade her to stay till we leave....and she did!

Tangs, Takashimaya and Isetan were on sale. Friday and Saturday late night shopping till 11pm. So we shopped...and shopped...and shopped til we dropped. We also ate our hearts out. In hindsight I was ashamed...that I confined myself to Orchard Road only, no Vivo City, no Ikea, no culture! My bad!

Isetan's Scallops!


Singapore's Sanur better version of Tauhu Telur


Baked Garlic Scallops - Ramen Ten @ Far East Plaza


Swensen's Sizzling Walnut Pie with Chocolate Ice Cream


Oh!...and Hubs has a new toy!

No comments: