Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wales: 2005-2006: part 1

Getting that opportunity to stay for another year in the UK was a relief for me (then) partly because I wasnt ready to go home yet, and I was enjoying the perks of being a well paid doctor in the UK...haha...must admit you can do so much more when there is more dosh...weeheeeee. March' 05 Bro and I were driving in my 9 year old 5th hand maroon Vauxhall Vectra from London to Cardiff for my interview when on the M4 between J17 and 18 (pre Bristol) the car started to slow down for no apparent reason and the yellow light showing some part of the engine blinked on the dashboard. We were lucky I was driving on the slow lane so managed to get on to the hard shoulder. All inall, the timing belt broke, and we had to be towed to Cardiff! Thank god the interview was the next day! Blessing in disguise, I got the job! So another year in the UK, albeit in Abergavenny Wales! (I bought my 2nd hand Polo soon after that....!)

London-sick initially, but the Welsh are very welcoming and friendly I found my 'new family' in no time. Mala, Beth, Saira and oh Kian were mad! Kian...I miss his gayness (pre + post lasik). Malaysian Kian is an awesome-awesome friend, one who makes me miss home and makes me cook homefood so he doesnt get home sick. Silly Kian. Mala - my twin - was also my best gurly gurly where somehow somewhat we would turn up to work wearing almost the same coloured top and pants...and we also own the same pair of skirt from Mango...bought separately from different places before we knew each other! How freaky was that! Mala is my sister I never had...miss u babes! We went on our road (+ shopping) trips to London, our drive to work together daily and our mad thurs nite outs dancing in Cardiff town (u're trully Caerdydd if u've been to the Philly!). Oh I have to mention Tom (Bampy), Abbas (50p), Aled and Jamie and Ian - my night duty mates, and Rob n Amanda. My 1st HO - Paul (who pulls all the girls) and then James (truly english) and Aby....

A truly good year to end my decade stay in the UK!

p/s Im glad Facebook was created because this is the only way I can keep track with what my Abers are up to!












No comments: